2017 Yamaha VK540
Stock Image: White Pearl
Sale: Save $999.00 now until 10/31/2018
- NEW Clutch Calibration: Yamaha engineers developed a new clutch calibration to maximize the increased midrange torque, while keeping the sled's utility application in mind. The result is a setup that has very smooth engagement and roll out, without sacrificing overall operating performance.
- Camoplast 1.5 Cobra WT Track: The primary purpose of the 20" x 154" x 1.5" Cobra track is to fully maximize all available snow with confidence-inspiring deep snow floatation and powerful pulling force. The 1.5" lug is perfect for lowspeed or high-load situations that utility sleds often function in.
- Three Speed Transmission: The Hi/Lo transmission with reverse is workhorse one minute, and a versatile trail cruiser the next. With a simple to use manual actuated lever, you can select from "normal" high range to low range to pull heavy loads below 50mph.
- High Flotation Skis: Wide skis deliver added flotation when traveling off-trail, while an engineered keel provides predictable handling and easy to steer manners.
- TSS Front Suspension: TSS for snow mobility and simplicity.
- NEW Tunnel Design: The new tunnel design includes large snow evacuation holes on running boards with traction. The tunnel is built out of lightweight, high-tensile steel to keep the VK540's legendary rugged durability in the toughest conditions.
- Pro Comfort Suspension: This dual-shock, fully coupled suspension features a simple and effective flip-lever torsion spring adjustment to quickly adapt the suspension for one-up or two-up riding, or for hauling a heavy payload. A 40mm, High Pressure Gas (HPG) shock provides exception control, fade resistance, and maximum work capabilities.
- Expansive Under-Seat Storage: With a hinged, flip-up seat, the VK540 exudes its work ethic at every turn. The large under-seat storage touts an integrated tool kit and room for much more. The seat's hinge pins are easy to pull for quick seat removal to speed loading and unloading.
- Standard Electric Start: Seamless and easy to use electric start delivers instant and hassle free starts, no matter the weather, eliminating the need for an "old-school" pull rope.
- Standard Tow Hitch: In addition to a host of on-board creature comforts and storage, a standard factory rear mounted tow hitch is at the ready for additional gear or occasional light-duty work.
- Utility Inspired Styling: A fresh look for the legendary proven VK540 is both modern and tough. Extensive development went into a new shroud and duct work to minimize engine bay snow ingestion. This is especially important in extreme cold markets where the fine snow crystals will penetrate every nook and cranny and can create ice build up.
- LED Taillight: The high-intensity LED taillight/brake light is lighter and brighter than a traditional incandescent design, and delivers a significantly longer lifespan.
- Protective Windshield: A wide, tall, wrap-around style windshield delivers greater protection from the elements as well as unsuspecting tree branches and limbs. The windshield has been wind tunnel tested to reduce unwanted negative swirl and deliver a greater "pocket" of comfort for both driver and passenger.
- Workforce Mirrors: Functional mirrors tout a large viewing area, making it easier to see what lies behind. The mirrors are mounted on the interior side of the Protective Windshield, shielding them from potential damage.
- Engine Type: 2-Stroke / 540cc
- Engine Class: Utility
- Clutch/Transmission: YVXC, 3-speed transmission
- Fuel Delivery: 1 x TM33 carburetor, heated
- Fuel Capacity: 11.6 gal. (44.0L)
- Front Suspension: TSS
- Front Shocks: Hydraulic, Gas Cell
- Front Travel: 6.0 in
- Ski Type: 180mm UHMW
- Rear Suspension: Pro Comfort Suspension W/Flip Up Rails
- Rear Shock(s): Hydraulic, Gas Cell
- Rear Travel: 11.3 in. (287mm)
- Track / W x L x H: 20 x 156 x 1.5 in
- Track Type: Camoplast® Cobra™
- Ski Stance (ctr to ctr): 37.8 in (961mm)
- Electric Start: Standard
- Reverse: Standard
- Hand/Thumb Warmers: Standard
- Headlight Watts, Type: Dual Bulb 60/55 watt/ LED tail light
- DC Output: Automotive
- Heated Seat: N/A
- Color: Yamaha Black; Vivid Orange Metallic; Pearl
- Engine Type
- 2-Stroke Utility
- 1 x TM33 carburetor, heated
- Drive Clutch
- YVXC, 3-speed transmission
- Front Suspension
- Suspension: TSS; Shocks: Hydraulic, Gas Cell
- Front Travel
- 6.0 in.
- Rear Suspension
- Suspension: Pro Comfort Suspension W/Flip up rails; Shocks: Hydraulic, Gas Cell
- Rear Travel
- 11.3 in.
- Ski Type
- 180mm UHMW
- Ski Stance
- 37.8 in.
- Track Type
- Camoplast® Cobra™
- Track Dimensions
- 20 x 156 x 1.5 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 11.6 gal.
- Yamaha Black; Vivid Orange Metallic; White Pearl
- Electric Start
- Hand & Thumb Warmers