2018 Polaris Industries 600 SWITCHBACK ASSAULT 144 ES
The 600 Switchback® Assault snowmobile is for backcountry riders that demand off-trail agility and on-trail confidence. Its powerful, proven 600 Cleanfire® engine paired with the AXYS® Chassis and IGX 144 Rear Suspension deliver Rider-Balanced™ Control, Unrivaled Acceleration, and Rider Centric Comfort.
- AXYS® Chassis: The AXYS® chassis for the 144 platform is light and strong, offering rider balanced characteristics critical for the 50/50 rider. The rider is moved into a balanced position on the sled so it rides flat through the corners. When the trail gets rough or the rider jumps off into the powder, rider balance enables the rider to move back and make the front end light to climb up on top of the snow or the moguls.
- IGX 144 Rear Suspension: A core element to the AXYS 144 platform is the IGX 144 uncoupled rear suspension, which offers the ultimate blend of durability and strength. The IGX 144 rear suspension provides RMK-inspired off-trail agility and balance with a drastically improved on-trail ride. Pitch is controlled through geometry in this rear suspension. And with 43% more front torque arm travel, this sled features reduced bottoming and less drag off-trail. An optimized, lighter, reinforced tipped rail beam design gives the sled a nimble feel.
- PowderTrac™ Hybrid Running Boards: The PowderTrac Hybrid running boards offer optimized design with 56% open space for maximum snow clean out while maintaining extreme strength. Designed to serve the needs of riders on- & off-trail; Efficient design delivers maximum strength & snow clean-out with 56% open space; Front is wide & flat for foot comfort & stability; rear has tapered, dual-angle design for mobility & snow clearance
- Lightweight: At 456 lbs, the Switchback ASSAULT on the AXYS 144 platform is the industry-leading lightweight 50/50 crossover snowmobile. It allows you to get up on top of deep snow faster and offers quick acceleration.
- 600 Cleanfire® Engine: This liquid-cooled Cleanfire® engine with semi-direct injection (SDI) deliver outstanding throttle response and instant acceleration. These powerful, efficient engines start easily and reliably and they calibrate automatically as the temperature and elevation change. These engines deliver impressive fuel economy in real-world riding situations, which, for Polaris riders, means aggressive, up-tempo riding, not low-rev lab conditions. Now in the AXYS® chassis, the 600 engine features new lightweight integrated mounts, electronic oil pump and bypass thermostat.
- Electronic Oil Pump: Electronic oil pump eliminates power-robbing gear drive – and provides more precise, improved oil delivery for performance and durability as well as a 35% reduction in throttle effort. Requires no adjustments.
- AXYS® Performance Seat: The AXYS Performance seat utilizes a high-performance seat foam, and the seat design is narrower in front to provide greater maneuverability. The seat is lighter without compromising comfort; Improved ergonomics and stability; Seat top features a gripper material that helps keep the rider in place
- Polaris MessageCenter Gauge: Informative and easy to read, this instrumentation keeps a rider aware of sled operating conditions and provides a wealth of additional data. Easily viewable LCD screen, 4.3"" diagonal measurement; Scrolling message center keeps rider informed; Increased number of tell tales by over 60%; Large buttons can be operated with gloved hands; Brightly lit display is easily readable in all light conditions
- Interactive Digital Display: Another industry first for Polaris - the most advanced instrumentation in snowmobiling. This 4.3"" high resolution, full color, LCD digital display provides a rider with information including: Sled performance: Speedometer, tachometer, dual tripmeters, average speed, max speed, engine/trip hours & odometer Sled operating conditions: Coolant temperature, diagnostics & maintenance warnings; Riding conditions: Air temperature, time of day in 12 or 24-hour clock format; Bluetooth™ functionality: Enables the gauge to communicate with the rider’s cell phone and provide notification of incoming calls or texts. Displays phone battery & signal strength; GPS/Mapping Capability: A compass is standard, & full-featured GPS can be installed to provide directions & information about services such as fuel, restaurants, lodging & Polaris dealerships. Customize the GPS to operate with North Up or Course Up navigation depending on your preference; Ride Planning Feature enables you to plan a ride using Ride Command, save it as a GPX file, and transfer it to the display through the USB interface; This gauge comes as an option on some SnowCheck models, and is available as an accessory option
- Left-Hand Controls: The left-hand controls feature improved ergonomics, updated styling, and enhanced hand and thumb warmer control. The controls are easy to operate with gloves on, and have an improved tactile feel.
- LED Lights: All models built on the AXYS® platform feature standard LED headlights. LED headlights deliver the industry’s best lighting: Nearly 1 lb. lighter and high beams are 80% brighter than incandescent lighting; Color temperature or output of the lights (the “whiteness” of light, reported in Kelvin) is 5000K, closely matching daylight; LED headlights last the entire lifetime of the sled. A major durability enhancement over traditional incandescent headlights which experience filament burn out; For constant visibility and enhanced safety, the low beams remain on at all times. Even when the high beam is activated, there is never a period of no light.
- Wind Protection: The hood and windshield designs produce significantly enhanced wind protection for a rider, and the foil on the side panels further enhances protection.
- Integrated Storage: Provides 1024 cubic inches of secure storage space; Weather-tight design seals out snow; Storage can be accessed through zippered and velcro enclosure that is covered by additional material and buckle down straps; Bag is attached and located underneath the seat and tank and atop the tunnel; Combination of semi-rigid, compression-molded materials and polyester
- Premium Fit & Finish: Interfacing surfaces between body panels and components are shorter for minimized gaps; Interfaces are strategically located in recessed areas; Styling of storage elements results in clean, integrated lines; Components are engineered for functionality and styled for the best styling
- Cobra 1.35” Track: The Cobra 1.35"" Track delivers excellent performance on soft, loose snow off-trail. The softer lugs feature traction teeth for better grip on hard-pack surfaces.
- Walker Evans® Needle Shocks: Premium shocks with compression adjusters and remote reservoirs offer the best in tunability and fade-proof performance. Unique needle design uses hydraulic force at the end of the stroke to eliminate harsh bottoming.
- ProTaper Handlebars: New ProTaper Handlebars are aluminum and feature a flat design with integrated mountain hooks for ease in deep snow riding and aggressive cornering
- PRO-STEER Skis: The PRO-STEER ski features a reshaped keel and shortened skag for reduced steering effort. Redesigned ribs atop the ski increase torsional stiffness for more precise steering, and bosses added atop the ribs provide traction to prevent slipping when a rider steps on the ski in deep snow.
- Disc Brake Type: AXYS™ Radial
- Drive System Type: Chaincase
- Drive/Driven Clutch: P-85 / TEAM® LWT
- Exhaust: Single SC VES
- Fuel System: Cleanfire® Injection
- Ignition: DC-SDI
- Engine Type/Cooling: Liquid Cooled
- Cylinders-Displacement (cc): 2 - 599
- Bore x Stroke (mm): 77.25 x 64
- Front Shocks: Walker Evans® Comp. Adj. Piggyback Needle
- Front Suspension: AXYS® Front Suspension
- Front Track Shock: Walker Evans® Comp. Adj. Piggyback
- Front Travel (in./cm.): 9.5 / 24.1
- Rear Suspension: IGX 144
- Rear Track Shock: Walker Evans® Comp. Adj. Piggyback
- Rear Travel (in./cm.): 16 / 40.6
- Ski Type: PRO-STEER
- Track Width/Length/Height (in.): 15 x 144 x 1.35 Cobra
- Fuel Capacity (Litres): 12 / 45.4
- Overall Height (in./mm.): 54.5 / 138.4
- Overall Width (in./mm.): 47 / 119.4
- Person Capacity: 1
- Ski Center Distance (in./cm.): 42.5 / 108
- Estimated Dry Weight (pounds/kg): 456 / 207
- Overall Length (in./mm.): 125 / 317.5
- 12v Outlet: Accessory
- Color / Graphics: White Lightning
- Electric Start: Standard
- Fuel Gauge: Electronic
- Hand & Thumb Warmers: Standard Adjustable
- Mirrors: Accessory
- Rear Rack/Tow Hitch: Accessory
- Reverse: PERC®
- Seat Support with Luggage: Accessory
- Seat Type: AXYS™ Performance
- Security System: Option / Accessory
- Speedometer: Digital
- Storage System: Standard
- Tachometer: Digital
- Temp/Low Oil Light: High Temp/Low Oil Light
- Windshield: AXYS Deep Snow Mid 13", Matte Black
- Handlebar Type: Aluminum ProTaper®
- Riser Type: 3.5" (89mm) Fixed
- Standard Warranty: 12 Months; Extended Warranty: Up to 60 months in total coverage
- Bore x Stroke
- 77.25 x 64 mm
- Engine Cooling
- Cleanfire® Injection
- Single SC VES
- Brake Type
- AXYS™ Radial
- Drive Clutch
- Driven Clutch
- TEAM® LWT
- Front Suspension
- Front Shock: Walker Evans® Comp. Adj. Piggyback Needle; Front Suspension: AXYS® Front Suspension; Front Track Shock: Walker Evans® Comp. Adj. Piggyback
- Front Travel
- 9.5 in. (24.1 cm)
- Rear Suspension
- Rear Suspension: IGX 144; Rear Track Shock: Walker Evans® Comp. Adj. Piggyback
- Rear Travel
- 16 in. (40.6 cm)
- Ski Type
- Ski Stance
- 42.5 in. (108 cm)
- Track Type
- Track Dimensions
- 15 x 144 x 1.35 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 12 gal. (45.4 L)
- Dry Weight
- 456 lb. (207 kg)
- AXYS Deep Snow Mid 13 in., Matte Black
- White Lightning
- Standard Warranty: 12 Months; Extended Warranty: Up to 60 months in total coverage
- Electric Start
- Hand & Thumb Warmers
- Standard Adjustable